This question is in our top 20 of questions asked by potential guests, so we decided to give you the reason why we are not fond of one night reservations.
- One night reservations are environmentally unfriendly as we have to wash your sheets, towel, and mattress cover for a single use.
- They are not profitable for us. Lets say your night cost $50.000 COP, out of that we only get like $24.000 COP after all cost have been taken into consideration (Commission, laundry, electricity, cleaning, rent, WiFi, water, staff, taxes, wear).
- One night reservations might block the opportunity for someone else to book a better reservation.
- Statistically one nighters give the worst ratings as they don't really get to experience the hostel.
- One nighters have no interest on socializing with other guests and rightfully so.
- One nighters generally leave early to catch the ferry to Providencia, which in dorms annoys other guests.
On a side note, we do take one night reservations but only when there's a gap between 2 reservations, but we up the price about 15% to 20%